I know I am making it out to all work and no play... but my work can be like play sometimes! So here comes my super nerdy side. I got to go to a pulp and paper plant!! I saw how to make cardboard boxes and lots of other cool things like that. Now I know it might not seem like a big deal but this plant is HUGE. It look up nearly 7 hours to tour the whole thing. We also skipped around often and didn't see everything the plant has to offer. Let me just show you how large of a scale we are talking here:
Here is the plant itself from the bridge. Now worries people, all the clouds/smoke you see isn't smoke! It is steam. Simply water being released back into the air. Nothing more than that. No worries I asked to double check because I was quite concern.
Here are some of my classmates by the kiln. This kiln is HUGE as well and longer than a football field. It is spinning and pretty scary. At one point, they opened up a portion of it and we got to see it. It was very intense and pretty overwhelming. Take my word for it, it was very cool!!
So I know these are nerdy new things in my life but I am loving it! It is bringing out such a challenge for me and pushing me to my limits. I am loving all the people I am interacting with and getting to work it. The different personalities are a challenge but it is such a blessing. I feel like I have grown up so much in the past 3 months that I did all through college. No worries, I still love to laugh, never take myself too serious and love to love on everyone I met. So I haven't changed too much but I am growing up! I hope the Lord continues to open doors for you because when he does, he will blow you away every day with the wonders he can give.
No comments:
Post a Comment