Monday, July 12, 2010

Moment of Stillness

The world stops. You have been given a moment to breath and take everything in around you. As I am swinging on our porch, the skies open and it rains. Not that light summer rain that you know will pass quickly. The rain is hard, the thunder is loud and its a rain the Lord gives to the Earth to help continue growing. I treasure these moments. I breath in the air that is mixed with the smells that summer brings. Its calm and the world is still. As the rain pours all animals, insects and even people are finding protection. So there is nothing out in the rain but the rain itself. I don't get to have these moments on this porch for much longer. These moments are when I find satisfaction in my life and with the road ahead of me. The rain continues to fall heavy on the roof and my mind begins to wander. I think about nearly every aspect of my own life. The good, the bad, the hard and the nearly impossible to ever understand.

I find my thoughts coming full circle again and again to a common aspect. My walk with the Lord. I don't lead a very interesting life. I am not across the globe saving children's souls. I am not going to school to become a missionary or pastor or any of the above. I have been put on this world to do something but I haven't quite figured it out yet. The Lord has given me passions that are extremely different from an average southern college grad. I don't want to be married for at least several more years. I don't want to strictly be a stay at home mom. I desire to work and help others through leading by example or in a brief meeting. I desire to work with children either through bible studies or youth groups. I remember the men and woman that had an impact on my young life while seeking the Lord and I would love to have a small influence on others in the same aspect. Still haven't quite figured that one out yet. I desired to learn more even though I am through with college. I thirst for knowledge. Not just math and sciences but knowledge in everything life has to give us. I am independent and extremely strong willed. These differences in my own life have helped develop my own path. I am about to step into complete darkness. Not knowing what to except in this new portion of my life. I am staring into the darkness and will be entering into in only a few days. Its scary to say the least but then I feel the gripping of the Lord grasp on my heart. I know it will be fine. An adventure of the unknown.

The rain slows to a stop. The loud thunder that shook my house is nearly a small rumble in the far distance. As the storm moves, it gives more individuals the opportunity to have a moment of stillness. My moment has passed and my thoughts are gathered again and better prepared for the unknown. These upcoming days are unpredictable and unplanned. Time to begin to live in the darkness but what a thrill it will be when I reach the light and know I have survived it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment