Saturday, July 10, 2010

Preparing my Heart

Preparation is a pretty easy concept to understand. You have a task that needs to be completed and you gather the needed material to be successful. The gathering, learning, studying, understanding, etc is called the preparation stage. What if you needed to prepare for something that you don't even know when it is coming. It can be nerve raking. I am moving away from all my family and friends and preparing to enter into the corporation world! Don't misunderstand I am beyond excited for this opportunity and I know I am going to learn and grow in the next few months more than I have over a span of years. How do I prepare for that life though? I can't study it or gather the needed tools to ensure I will be successful. This life is not just about my job. Its about finding a new home, a church, friends, and maybe someone I can spend this new found life with. In school, you have a set standard that you must meet to make sure you get an A or the grade you are reaching for. You look online before entering into the classroom and read what will be expected of you. You are able to prepare for this class and depending on your work habits get ahead of other classmates. How do you do that with life? I know I have certain tools I have developed over the years through my working experiences, internships and other situations but besides that I feel kind of lost. I am going into the unknown and I have never felt so under prepared. This is where faith takes a hold of your life!

My relationship with the Lord is always changing and moving in different directions. Not because of God but because of my own doing. This man has played different roles in my life depending on my current situations. He has been the ALMIGHTY God, to a loving dad, to a strong support, to a shoulder to cry on and now my guide! This is how we grow and develop into Christians that are able to help support others because you have been through situations that the Lord was able to help you through. I have been at the lowest lows where I believed no light could ever shine. I have had my heart crushed but more importantly my spirit destroyed. I have believed that there could be no hope for my future and I would never have any of my hearts desired completed. Then I receive a phone call, a letter, a random strange that shows me the love of the Lord and no darkness can escape the light!! I am blind and walking through life. I am blind to the world because I am focused on God. Good things are going to come to me in the future. I know this and I trust in this! I am excited to see what the Lord puts in my path! Preparing my heart for this life is exciting and ___________. (fill in a word that describes I have no idea what I am preparing exactly for) Today is another day that is a gift to me! I am blessed it was given to me and we will see what tomorrow brings. Until then, the preparation will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment