The first sentence in my quiet time today. "Thank me for the very things that are troubling you". Really? Have you ever have a moment when you know the Lord is talking directly to you? Well here is one of my moments. Times are hard and they will always be hard. The stress I am living with will continue to be there but only change slightly according to different situations in life.
My current stress in life.... What am I going to do with my life?! I have a job but I don't know where I will be located in a few months, I am moving all alone, going where I know no one, and starting brand new. Think about it. Everything is new. I have to find a church alone, I have to make friends alone, I have to work alone, I have to live in a hotel and soon an apt alone. This is scary stuff I am having to face. As I am having a small break down over it, I continue to read my quiet time and God beings screaming at me!
Philippians 4:6- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Thank him for my troubles? God is a funny man. I honestly think so cause there are things he asks me to do that is not in my first nature to do. But that's the point right? He wants us to not do according to our nature but his own. Its a challenge to say the least but We have to do it. I am scared beyond anything else in the world! I am a planner that it drives me crazy sometimes. There has been two moments in my life where I did not have a plan. In High School there was a 2 wk period where I didn't know where I was going to school and in College when I didn't know my major for about a month. That's about it. I have always had most of my life planned to a tee and that has been my downfall the past couple of months. I can't plan everything because I don't know what tomorrow brings. Things change like the situation I am in now. I never thought I would be as lost and alone as I am right now but I am. And its time for me to trust in the Lord and know that everything is going to be OK. All the unknown of the future will remain there until I reach them. I don't know where I am living in 4 months... well Ill find out in about 3 months. No need to stress about it now cause I can't do anything about it! The Lord is going to do great things and I know I keep saying that and its a common theme in my Blogs but that's all I have. He has so much more to give me than what I have right now.
I am beyond pumped to find out what is to come and what has already happened that I haven't even learned from yet. But thats how we learn and grow in our faith for the Lord. Thats our day to day living! Things aren't the greatest right now but I know I will survive and the stress is out of my hands now!
No comments:
Post a Comment