So it has been a few days and my life is not too interesting. I am not a world traveler, crazy athlete playing in a world cup or anything like that. I am just another person getting through day to day events. I know that in the entire system of life I might not be that big of a deal but I am a big deal to people in my life. Example: my mom! I know what you are thinking. Moms are SUPPOSE to think you are a big deal. Honestly, I don't think we should assume that as a population. Moms have their own lives, sometimes jobs and social schedule. I know personally mine gives up a lot to insure I am OK. I mean the older I have gotten, I have noticed she has a ever growing social schedule but I know if I called her at the ripe age of 22 she should drop her schedule and be my mom. That is an exciting thing to realize.
Another example: God. Cheesy and easy answer but I am being serious!! He has literally taken the time to plan everything for us. I am sure it takes 0.0000001 seconds to do it but that is still time he is wasting on us. I am not sure if you have ever had a chilling moment with God but I sure have. In those moments, I know that nothing in the world is as important as I am to him. Let me tell you a story. So I am at the age of 12 where I fight with everyone and I hate everything. I was a pleasant child growing up except between the ages of 11-16. Those were dark long years for my family and I can never say sorry enough for how horrible I was. Any who.... I was 12 and decided to run away. I ran out of my house and down the street for about .25 miles (which felt like forever) and I stopped. I stood there and cried... well more like bawled! I cried and cried and cried. I am sure my neighbors thought I was crazy. So I started to pray feeling lost and alone. There there was a wind that blew me back. I ignore this burst of wind then it happened again and I looked around. The trees stood still, not a leaf moved but this wind blew so hard I stepped back. I was shocked! For a solid moment, my pain and hurt was the focus of the Lord. Nothing else in the world mattered except my hurt and loneliness. I turned and ran home knowing that was the Lords will!! CRAZY!!
Second Story: Well I ran a marathon last fall. I have begun training for my second one. Its hard since it is a million degrees outside!! The summer heat is not fun to run in. Anyways, for my first marathon I was not prepared or even close to properly complete it. I was not well educated but I still did it. So I am at mile 25.2 (a mile left) with blisters on bother feet that formed around mile 10. My hips were screaming at me, my legs had lost feeling, I couldn't catch my breath, no song could pump me up enough, nothing was working. I had a mile left and I was centimeters away from laying on the ground and making my family come find me in the woods of the trail I was running. I stopped running and was walking at a speed a 90 year old woman would have easily kept. As my knees are starting to bend to allow me to lay on the group my shirt it tugged! It scares me cause I physically felt it. Maybe the wind? Looked around, no wind. I continued to inch towards the ground then there was a hard tug on the front of my shirt... it was him! For a single moment I became his focus again. That moment was enough to keep me going and finish my marathon.
I have had 2 experiences my entire life that I have been the center of all his focus. I have always followed him and trusted in the Lord but those moments made me feel like a true daughter of his. He was able to take a break from him busy schedule to take care of me when I was too physically weak to continue on my journey. I do not consider myself a perfect follower but listen for a moment and trust in him during the good AND bad! He will always be there when he knows you can't continue without a little push or grab.
Well until next time, enjoy life and keep living day to day!
No comments:
Post a Comment