Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Kindness of a Card



So my day began better than the last but still seemed like a normal day. I have had a good night rest, ate some breakfast, successful swim team practice, got to talk to my sister on the phone, go to the gym. Then it suddenly changed. I checked the mail and I received two cards from a dear friend. There wasn't a long message in them just a short sweet "Thinking of you". That is all. Suddenly I am overwhelmed with love and become emotional! I have a dear enough friend that loves me enough to send me a small encouragement. She knows I am overwhelmed with several different situations and just wanted to send some love. Most people in the world will never have that kind of friend and I have been blessed with nearly 10! I will get random text messages just sending love or no message at all. The best part is that I return the favor. I love to randomly reach out to my friends when they come across my mind. Life is busy and we very bundled down with issues and other topic we have to deal with but friends always remain! Thats is whats so amazing about the life I have been blessed with. OF COURSE i have my fair share of issues and heart ache but the gifts that I have been given will always win. Today was a reminder of that. No matter how hard things get, we will survive and have friends there standing by us. So I challenge you today to reach out to a loved on or friend and tell them you care and you are just "Thinking of them". It will affect them in a way you will never know and could be the encouragement they need to make it another day through their life struggles. Here is just a little picture of the card I received and I LOVE it!!! It has literally made my year so far. I am interested to see if anything is able to top this.

Well thats just another day to day living and it's only getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment